1 Timothy 4:1 “The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.“
Apostasy. What does that look like?
The events of recent times – riots, police defunding, arson, chaos, and Muslim/Marxist led social justice movements have captured our attention. They’re in the news every evening.
These, however, were predated by a number of other sub-movements.
- The LBGT movement to push acceptance of homosexuality, pedophilia, and gender distortion sins.
- The feminist movement to propel, not equality between the sexes, but to allow women positions of power over men in the home, office, government, and even the church.
- The racist movements, which, like the feminists’ movement, were not meant to grant equality but superiority for certain races.
- And, of course, the Marxist movements, which created perfect little boxes to which oppressors and the oppressed can neatly fit all of the above.
Each seems almost innocuous. But they are all slippery slopes to which the chaos has coalesced and culminated.
They have resulted in a picture of end times never previously witnessed in world history.
There are a number of biblical verses you should be aware of in analyzing the currents events of our time.
- 1 Timothy 4:1-2 “The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.“
- 1 Timothy 2:12 “ I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man;a] she must be quiet.” and 1 Cor 14:34 “Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says. If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.”
- 1 John 1:8 “If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.“
- 1 John 2:15 “Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them.“
- John 15:18 “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first.”
- Acts 17:11 “Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.“
- 2 John 1:10 “If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take them into your house or welcome them.“
- Matthew 1o:16 “I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.“
- 2 Timothy 3:6-7 “They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over gullible women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, always learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth.
- Matthew 7:22-23 “Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’
What evil webs we weave
Like birds of a feather, apostates flock together. Really, where you find one, you will also find a number of other apostates. They associate in churches, bible study leadership groups, and even musical groups.
When you Google “Most Powerful Pastors”, what do you get? Here it is the “Most powerful pastors in the world.” Who are they? Names like Tshifhiwa Irene the female televangelist, to Joel Osteen, Bene Hinn, Pat Robertson, and Ken Copeland. All false prophets. All in it for the money.
What about “Christian Musicians?” How about Capital Music Group. The same corporation that reps rap also reps Christian music. Would it surprise you that everything is connected? Christian and Catholicism are certainly never separated and groups from every name-it-and-claim-it church are represented in Christian music.
What about bible training materials and seminars. Here again, one of the leaders in this area is Lifeway. Lifeway just closed down their brick and mortar stores, only to continue their web presence, and they are indeed a powerhouse with such names as Beth Moore and Judith Meyers. Again, where you find one, you will find the others – they flock together.
So, here we have false church/pastors, false music ministries, and false teachers. All are more prevalent than most would understand. Like Matthew 10:16 we are to be shrewd and, according to Acts 17:11 discerning and testing everything against the scriptures.
Listen, if the world loves them, and they do, you should know that they are against Jesus. If the world hates you, you know you’re right with Jesus, since the world hated Jesus.
So where does this play into the churches?
Where I see this affecting the true church is in two specific areas: music and women’s ministries.
Too much of our modern Christian music is produced by the same individuals who are producing secular music. I would recommend that you check the video above, it may be eye-opening. False churches are even behind some of today’s music. As a friend of mine jokes, when asked what one does, his reply is “I write Christian music, I write Christian music, I write Christian music.”
Some of the old songs were written in blood with solid references to the Bible. Be aware of what you listen to. Check out the group and what they believe. Also, what church do they attend? Are they even believers?
Women bible studies
Instead of being discerning, we often just “let the women do what they want.” Really? What an opportunity for Satan to intervene.
Time and time again, women’s seminar and bible study materials are produced but such organization as LifeWay – “Your trusted source for Bible Studies… Really?
Why then are Beth Moore and Joyce Myers, the two biggest female false prophets, and their associates, on all the bible teaching materials? And no one questions this?
Joyce Myers believes she doesn’t sin. That seems against 1 John 1:8
And, Beth Moore and Myers believe they should be allowed to preach to men, in opposition to 1 Tim 2:12 and 1 Cor 14:34. In fact, they do.
A number of other associates glorify these two women. You can read critiques of all of these women in Michelle Lesley’s Blog. She goes into the specifics with actual documentation. 2 John 1:10 states if they are false, don’t associate with them or you participate in their sins.
Like the Bereans, you should verify these things for yourself.
What I do know, we certainly see the current chaos each night on the news. What has been underlying this for years is the apostasy that has been all around us.
It’s well past time to wake up.