About forty years ago, I had written the acronym “S P A C E P E T S” in the front of my bible. I certainly don’t claim authorship and it may be commonly known. I, however, have never heard anyone discuss it since that time.
In any event, the cryptic term in simply a study aid. An acronym for studying the bible and applying its truths to your life.
The depth of the bible is like no other writing. And a cursory reading simply doesn’t do justice to God’s word. Therefore, when you do read the bible, it’s a good idea to spend some time contemplating on what you’ve read. Interestingly, SPACE PETS may help you reflect and apply the bible to your life.
What does it mean. Here goes:
- “S” – Is there a Sin to confess?
- “P” – Is there a Promise to claim?
- “A” – Is there an Attitude to change?
- “C” – Is there a Command to obey?
- “E” – Is there an Example to follow?
- “P” – Is there a Prayer to pray?
- “E” – Is there an Error to avoid?
- “T” – Is there a Truth to believe?
- “S” – Is there Something to be thankful for?
Is there more? Probably. But, it’s a good start – Space Pets.